M³: Maddy and Megan at the Movies

Family Friendly Movie Reviews



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Up

This movie is Disney Pixar, which means that it is amazing. Anything Pixar touches turns to gold.

The story of an old man who wants to finally go to South America, following his and his wife's dreams, and the Wilderness Explorer (or Boy Scout), Russell, who gets caught up in the adventure of a floating house. They get some new friends, including a talking dog and a prehistoric bird.

This film is such a fun experience, and has a ridiculous amount of amazing features. Primarily, the story. The story is one of the deepest Pixar has pumped out, as it deals with aging, loss, family issues, remorse, redemption, friendship.... Need I go on? There are many quotable lines, especially from Dug, the talking dog. Let's shift gears here. The animals were brilliant! The talking dogs said exactly what you would expect a dog to say. I have a lab-retriever mix, and Dug is a golden retriever, and he was spot on! I was constantly reminded of my puppy. My veterinarian dad mentioned that Kevin, the giant bird, really moved and acted how scientists imagine prehistoric birds to move and act.

As I type this, I'm actually watching the director's commentary on the Up DVD (which has great features- I highly recommend it). The makers of this movie put so much thought and detail into the making of it; it's amazing.

I recommend this movie to anyone, from the youngest child to the high school jock to the prune juice drinking old man.

5 stars out of 5
Rated PG
-Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment