M³: Maddy and Megan at the Movies

Family Friendly Movie Reviews



Thursday, June 3, 2010

How To Train Your Dragon

This is the timeless story of one person going against everything they ever knew for something they know is right and can help their loved ones. All Hiccup, the son of the leader of the Viking village, wants is to kill a dragon to make his father proud of him. Hiccup isn't like the other teenagers. He isn't brawny, he' s clever, and he's a complete klutz. So when he finds the dragon that has been alluding the hunters of his village, Hiccup thinks that this is finally his chance to prove himself. He ends up befriending and training the dragon, but his village can't find out.

This movie was refreshing and a pleasure to watch. The story was remarkably fresh, and I want to read the book now! Hiccup is endearing, and watching him grow is one of the best parts. The dragon reminded me of my black, green-eyed cat, especially in his mannerisms, which only added to my joy. My only complaint is the Scottish accent of the Vikings. They were Scandinavian, but I think that's my historical nitpicking coming out.

This movie may be emotionally tough for younger kids. I would say four or five years should be fine, and they will love it! All adults will love it, unless you hate fun.

Rated PG
5 stars
-Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment